Congratulations to our graduates:
Weekly readings concerning responsibility
2 Corinthians 4:13-18
Special scripture readings for our graduates:
- I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13 ESV
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not
be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is
with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:19 ESV
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for
welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
- Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves
the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1 John 2:15 ESV
- Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as
your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
Colossians 3:23-24 ESV
- Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an
example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12 ESV
WEEKLY BIBLE QUIZ (answers below)
1) What is the definition of martyr?
2)The first martyr of the early Christian church was ?
3)Why was the prostitute Rahab saved from the destruction of her city Jericho?
4) In the book of Titus, the following list of characteristics “not arrogant,
or quick tempered, or addicted to wine or violent or greedy for gain” is
5) Balaam was spoken to by which animal?
6) Name the books in the Bible christened after women….
This week at St. Matthew’s
Week of June 9th
Sunday 8:30 am Prayer for Worship
10:00 am Holy Eucharist
Monday 6:00 pm Lapeer Car Show*
*NOTE: no water table will be at the car show on Monday 11th
7:00 pm Men’s Discipleship
9:30 am Mission Meeting
Tuesday 9:30 am Community Coffee
9:30 am Handbell Practice
Wednesday NO Women’s Discipleship**
12:00 pm Sew Be It
NO Adult Discipleship**
Thursday 9:00 am Men’s Discipleship
9:30 am Coffee Break!
Saturday 9:00-noon Clothes Closet
** Women’s and Adult Discipleship will be put on hold for a short time.
Keep checking your memos for dates and times when it will resume
OTHER UP COMING EVENTS! • June 10th Graduation Sunday!!!!
- June 21st: FREE Workshop for Seniors: Senior Programs & Services. Meeting held here in
our church from 2:00 – 3:30pm. Everyone is welcome. INFORMATION FLYER IS POSTED ON
BOARD AT CHURCH (brought to you by: the Lapeer County Senior Coalition)
- June 27th FAMILY FUN DAY 10am – 2pm
NOTE: church will be open for bathroom use and diaper changing area and open to mothers who are
- June 29th: 6:30 How Meeting
- August 5th: The Ulrich family is coming!
- September 23, 2018 ALPHA at St. Matthews
- Inquires Class are in the planning stages. More information to come soon — watch your memos.
1) a person who voluntarily suffers death as the penalty of
witnessing to and refusing to renounce a religion.
3) She hid the spies scouting out the lands.
5) A donkey, see Numbers 22:22-35
6) Ruth and Ester